I have had a simple request not complication guide on how to run up chili indoors. Here is my guide that you can download that. PDF or print by pressing the buttons on the end of the wizard.
Because most chilisorterna have a long development time it is possible to start as/förkultivera at the end of december to February depending on variety.
To do this, follow these steps
You can order chili in the kind of smaller pot at any time provided it has holes in the bottom. Square plastic pots 8×8 cm are useful because they take up little space. There are also small mushrooms cubes (Root Riot) that is very handy when at transplanting can bring down the whole cube in a pot with soil and thus do not interfere with the roots.
- Fill the pot with seed compost and press a chilfrö in every pot, about 0,5 cm deep. So 3 to 5 seeds of the varieties you want to grow as some seeds may not germinate.
- Water since plentiful. A spray bottle is a good idea to use. Cover the pot with filter cloth or plastic wrap or place it in a minidrivhus with lock. Place your sowing in a warm place, chilifrö germinate facilitated at a temperature of approximately 25 to 29 degrees. It needed no light when the seed to germinate. It is important to keep the soil moist at all times but not soaking wet. The air if there is condensation.
- It can take about 1-3 weeks for chili seed to germinate so you have to be patient. When the seed germinated, and the cotyledons have developed, they should be at a temperature around 20-25 degrees and light about 14-16 hours per day. The plants need extra lighting unless the natural light enough and it does not have in Sweden during the period from november to March.
- When chili plant have developed their first true leaves (character sheet) and that the pot is properly genomrotad it's time for transplanting/retraining in the larger pot and soil, such as. The Weibull rose soil or any other good nutritious soil on bag, do not use inexpensive potting.
- Choose a pot that is about 1 – 1,5 liters.. Pour a little clay in the bottom of the pot, fill with soil as you can with 10 % Perlite and plant so deeply to heart leaves end up in the same level as the soil in the pot. Cultivation temperature should now be reduced to 16-20 degrees (turn off the element). Watering through the pot securely.
Watering regularly, watering a lot when you water instead of dutta. After about 3 weeks, it's time to gödselvattna plants. There are a lot of different nutrient solutions to buy but common flower nutrition so that Flourish can be used, There are also special nutrition for chili o tomato. It is better to give the plants the tiniest bit nutrition every time you water than giving a big give nutrition on a few occasions but just take ¼ part of the bottle and mix in the water to irrigate with.
When the plant starts to grow out of the pot, it's time to repot into a larger pot, Choose a pot that is about 4 to 6 liters. It is better to plant a few times than to choose a big pot from the start as a big pot holds more water and then can damage chiliplantans roots that do not like that with your feet in the water.